Thursday, December 3, 2009

On Fire


Today Nick and Stephen had a football game. When they are at home, I like to take the little ones so they can play at the park. Today we did that and on the way out to the car, Katy tripped and hurt her knee. Stephen picked her up and was carrying her to the van when he noticed her bum was wet, so he put her down. This made her cry even more. Once we all got in and buckled, she continued to scream. Nick said her hands were really cold and maybe that was hurting her. I suggested to her that when we get home, we could warm them up by the fire. (we had our tanks refilled today). She screamed even louder - "I don't want to be on fire!!" I couldn't figure out a way to explain the fireplace to her. She finally says "I just want the water one!" I have no idea what she meant, but I said OK. Once we got home, we started the fireplace and she didn't want to come close to it. I showed her the glass and that it wouldn't hurt her so from then on she like it. Crazy girl.

3 comments:

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

Hey this is Kamry (Batcelor) Waite. I came across your blog and thought I would say hi! Look how grown up your kids are! How crazy! Time flies! Looks like you guys are doing great!!

Krista Darrach said...

Too funny! I love kids interuptations. Glad you write them down, wish I would have. I forgot so much- and before you know it they are grown.
(nice picture- they are all so big!)
~K

Kathy said...

That totally reminds me of when Brooklyn said, "mommy put sunburn on me."