Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Party

I love our school. They do a lot of nice things for the families. This was a super casual night with little fires to roast marshmallows and they had hot chocolate and a hay rack ride. Inside, Santa was there with a little gift shop the kids could buy little trinkety things. It was nice and chilly, which made it absolutely perfect. My mom might tell you something a little different, she was cold the whole time. After we roasted some marshmallows, we went inside to stand in line for Santa. Katy, as always, did not want to talk to him. Once she saw everyone else doing it, she warmed up a little, but insisted I hold her. Dalin was a hoot. He wouldn't really stand by him, but was very willing to tell him what he wanted. I'm sure Santa mostly just wanted to give him a wipey. His face was covered in hot chocolate. I don't know how he does it. Bo was great and had no problem warming up to him. Katy did talk to him, even with a smile, but wasn't about to get off MY lap. Ben and Rhett just played together and Brooklyn found her good friend Anna to hang out with. Once we had talked to Santa, we took a hay rack ride and sang Christmas songs. Perfect ending to the night. We rounded everyone up and headed home.

Katy and Brooklyn roasting marshmallows.


Lainy, Jayce and Bo


Kylie, Alicen and Colt


Bo wants a D-Rex. I tried to explain it was a "T", but Dalin said I was wrong. I guess there is some remote control dinosaur called a D-Rex.


Dalin being silly with Santa


Katy said she wanted some Barbie clothes. This morning she told me she didn't get any. Wow, time is a hard concept for little ones. I told her it wasn't Christmas yet and we were just asking right now.



Stephen, Bo, Laurie, Katy and Whitley on the Hay Ride.


Ring around the fire hydrant


After we dropped the kids off at home, Alicen and I went back to the school and picked up another friend, Tammy, and headed to the movies. Tammy hadn't seen New Moon yet so we agreed to accompany her even though we had both already seen it. It was torturous and of course we would have never gone again if we weren't being good friends! (We were already seeing it, I'm totally lying) Anyway, we went and got there just in time for the next showing. We had popcorn and soda and giggles at all the hooting going on every time Jacob came on the screen. It wasn't like that the first time I went. Tammy liked it and it was as good as we remembered it. Mostly, it was just a fun night out with the girls. I'm grateful for good friends!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I had so much fun! I'm glad you were willing to "endure" New Moon again for me! =) Thanks for the invite! A fun girls night out was just what I needed!