Monday, December 7, 2009

Ahhhhh, the rain!

Rain makes a lot of people gloomy, but not me. I love a gray cloudy day. My house was mostly clean and laundry mostly done, which left nothing but a quiet morning staying in our jammies. The kids wanted to play outside so badly, but it was just too chilly. Instead we sat out on the porch and drank hot chocolate. I love my porch. If only I had that porch swing! (hint hint) Nice day for naps, but my brain wouldn't quit singing Christmas songs. Got up and headed to the post office to mail a package and it was closed.

Picked Whitley up and headed to her ortho appt. Six more weeks and they are off. January 13th to be exact. After, we went to Costco to get my last few things for bunko on Wednesday. It's so weird, I'm not even stressed about it. I'm just excited to spend time with my favorite girls in a holiday atmosphere.

Got home to find a fire in the fireplace and nice children playing together. I started on dinner and Whitley started on her piano. She has taught herself to play and I absolutely love it. Where our piano is positioned makes it audible, but muted. It's so nice to just have soft music playing in the background. Kids reading on the couch, some coloring at the table, a few watching TV and Christmas lights sparkling. I LOVE this time of year.

Lots going on this week and I'm not in charge of most of it. I just get to show up. Sometimes that's nice as well. Yesterday when Katy was putting on her new Christmas dress (it came with bloomers), Bo says to me "I love Katy's Christmas undies!" He is the best. Everyday he does something that just makes me want to squeeze him.

No comments: