Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stuck in Florida

Not actually stuck, but my in-laws truck has been struggling ever since we left. Sitting in the hotel right now trying to figure out what to do with it. Probably hit the beach today then maybe...just maybe...if it takes a few days to fix, Disney World. We aren't sure and haven't said anything to our kids, but it's a possibility. The trip has been mostly uneventful, just a lot of driving. The kids have been mostly good so far. They are definitely ready to do something other than sit in a car though. Me too for that matter. Of course, they are having record heat here. That's how all my vacations go. 95 degrees and 60% humidity. Miserable.

I won't do details until I get pictures, but one little heart breaker - I turned around to Bo, who moved his foot and kicked the laptop, and said "Be careful Baby Boy." (I always call him that). Without even looking up from the screen, he says "I'm not a baby boy. You know I'm 4, you know I'm big." It's over. No more baby boy for me. So sad. Ah well, all things must come to an end I guess. Off to the beach!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I say go to Disneyworld. When else are you going to be "stuck" in Florida? Make the best of it!!

Leslie said...

I'm with Amy. Visit the happiest place on earth. Maybe it's not humid there.

Tammy said...

I too say go to Disney World! How fun! So sorry about Bo. Even now I am dreading the day that my babies are too big to consider themselves my babies. Have fun at the beach!

Kathy said...

I still call Talon "baby" and he doesn't even question it anymore.

I heard about the conversation with Joe about how Steve hit someone backing up...hilarious!

Have a great time in FL while you're there! Better than being stuck in the car for eleven hundred hours. :)

Lulu said...

Looks like your mind has been made up by your blogging friends. Disney here you come! How very fun for you. I saw Chelsey tonight, she is missing you guys. I still call Jayce my baby and he knows he will be forever! Ever read that book? Love you Forever. Fantastic. You should read it to Bo.

Krista Darrach said...

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't blogged all week. But you've gotta better reason than I do.
Well it was 110 or more here today.
Damian was 2 1/2 when he told me I couldn't call him baby anymore.
I remember it was a sad day.