Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Day with no Structure

Today is my run around and do groceries and errands etc. I gave the kids zero responsibility, just keep everyone safe. I had to pick the girls up from their last day at school around noon, then took Whitley to her first day of work. I came home and laid down with Katy for a little bit then worked on my blog book. I let the kids go out on the slip and slide. When it started to sound a little too crazy and Katy was bleeding, I decided I better go check things out. Unbelievable. I won't mention which brainless child, but one of them decided to start throwing things at the other children. Plastic forks, spoons, DVDs, crackers, peanuts, PVC pipes....need I say more?? All this laying out in my yard floating in puddles of water. This is what happens when we don't have structure. When I give them the day off. I learned my lesson, won't happen again.

After a short, ok..medium length, ranting, I made dinner and then headed out for our first nutrition/weightloss class. I won't go into a lot of detail, but it was rather boring. The "teacher" (I use that term lightly) was very dorky and not good at all. I'm pretty sure they just want to sell us Herbalife as well. So it was long, not very informative and I was right under the air vent so I was freezing. I'm sure I lost a pound just trying to keep my body temp up. I was very happy to get out of there and am really hoping it gets better.

Today I talked to Nick's principal and he gave me a few other options other than homeschooling. Now my head is really spinning. It's so hard to know what will be the best thing for him. I have till next week to decide which direction I want to go in. Too many decisions!! I still have a little bit of a headache and I'm pretty sure it's because my brain gets no rest these days. I'm used to quiet time, alone time to have my own thoughts, but I'm not getting a whole lot of that these days. Even while I'm out, the phone is ringing every few minutes. Today I got a call tattling that one child tried to resolve a lying issue by threatening to "come up there and punch you in the face". Seriously?? I try to explain that they are acting as if they were me when they are in charge. Do I ever say things like that?? NO! Power is really not a good thing for some people.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I get tattling phone calls like that. I try to remind them that they are just supposed to be safe and that no one is the mom when I'm gone. Oh well...