Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sick Day

Yesterday was long! I am so rarely sick, but for some reason yesterday was one of those days. I felt fine in the morning. I took my little ones to my mom's and then went to check out our rental. Our renters had just moved out and we needed to see what the damage was. I was pleasantly surprised. The carpet is horrific, but it really needed to be replaced before. I'm glad we waited. Other than that and some normal wear and tear, it looked ok. They even cleaned pretty well before they left. The yard was a whole nother story! They had turned off the sprinklers in an attempt to save money. That and they didn't do any yard work! Everything was over grown and half dead. Glade and the boys spent the entire day trying to clean it up. I went to the city to try and straighten some stuff out (see Why are people stupid?) Then back home for the day. It was then that I started feeling crappy. I laid down and when I woke up, I had a fever and a headache that almost made me cry. My stomach felt horrible and let me just say, I'm a wuss at being sick!

Glade and the boys were supposed to make this drive to Florida with Glade's dad to pick up some junk cars he bought on Ebay. I'm not thrilled with this whole situation, but whatever. Now that I was sick I was even more unhappy. I took a bunch of Advil and laid back down and watched Little House on the Prairie. That was a treat! By dinner time, I was feeling a lot better so I got up and fixed dinner. To my surprise, the boys came home and said they weren't going for a couple of weeks. Yeah!! This kids cleaned up dinner and I went back to lay down. My darling husband went to the store to buy some milk and chocolate ice cream. I haven't had real, gooey, totally bad for you ice cream in a really long time. I thought Earth had now become Heaven! It was dreamy. The girls came down and watched the Bachelorette with me, then I headed back to dreamland. (No, not more ice cream!) Every time I woke up in the night, I thought I was going to puke. I hate that. Oh yah....

So, I'm sleeping nicely and all of the sudden.....Blood curdling scream outside my bedroom door. I flew out of bed with my stomach in my throat. Running through the door was Katelyn. My first thought is that she must have been stung by a scorpion. Nope. After Glade calmed her down a little, she says "get me!" What's getting you, we ask. "Jack!" Oh brother. Jack is our lazy, mostly a rug.. dog. She must have seen him in the hall or something and it freaked her out. On a normal day, she lays on him, brushes him, orders him around, etc. I have no idea what happened, but I could not relax after that. My heart was racing and my stomach felt worse than before! Luckily Glade is a night owl, so he sat up with her for awhile.

This morning I feel much better as far as the fever and headache. Stomach still not so good. Today is movie day so hopefully that will go OK. Did I mention, that Glade was sick to his stomach last night and that Stephen puked right before he went to bed? Good thing they postponed their trip!

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Yuck! I hope they disinfect the theater before we get there Friday!

Heather said...

you just keep your sick germs to yourselves, ok? Hope you are feeling better, call me if you need anything.

Tammy said...

Oh, I'm sorry you guys are sick. I hope everyone is feeling better now.

Krista Darrach said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sucks feeling yukky.