Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Whitley!

Whitley is 15 today!! Yikes, my little girl is way too big. What a blessing she is to our family. She is truly a unique and beautiful young lady. Watching her grow and mature is so fun and she never ceases to amaze me. We didn't have a very exciting day planned, she is saving her party to have with a good friend of hers. Unfortunately, she had an ortho appointment...not that fun. After her appointment, I offered to take her out to lunch. She chose Costco...did I mention unique?? We got a slice of pizza and a rotisserie chicken and shared both. Whatever makes her happy! When we got home, she and a friend went to the movies and then shopped a little at the mall. She had several friends stop by to drop off gifts for her. That to me is a true measure, when people make a special trip to let you know they are thinking of you.

She had chosen fajitas for her dinner tonight, but her mouth hurt too much to enjoy it and the dessert I made didn't turn out so well..lol! I have no idea why, edible, but not right. After dinner, we had FHE discussing what we could do to make Sunday's better. Hopefully next will be a little better. Then she and I retired to my room to watch the Bachelorette. Although low key, I think she had a good birthday.

This morning, Glade and the big boys headed to scout camp. Glade only drove them up and will be back late tonight, but they will be gone all week. It's quiet with less kids! I spent the morning reading in bed. Weird. I hate starting a book because then I don't get much else done. I'm not even going to mention which book, embarrassing. But it was nice to have a nothing morning. After quiet time, I read more. Did a few loads of laundry and read in between. So annoying. I finished the book though so now I can relax. Brother Rapier stopped by while I was making dinner and gave all the kids a ride on his quad. They think that is the greatest! My poor deprived kids. Chelsey is working almost 30 hours a week lately, so we don't see her that much. She is raking in the bucks though! Now it's 9 pm and I'm so ready for bed. All this inactivity has made me tired! I really do believe that, if I had expended some energy today I think I wouldn't have wanted to be so sedentary the rest of the day. Tomorrow promises to much more active!

1 comment:

Krista Darrach said...

sounds like a good day!
Damian is unique too, he loves Dennys...that's always his choice. Funny.
I wonder what book you were reading. Hmmm.
I'm the same way, but I probably read a book a week, but feel like I HAVE to finish it before life continues. I love reading, almost as much as I love writing.
Enjoy you're Boy-less house.
Damian is gone this week for me too.