Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's not sinking in

The last few days have been very uneventful. Just day to day stuff, nothing too exciting. Yesterday we met with our renters and went over some details. Looks as if that is going to go through, which is exciting, but a little bit of work. Got home just in time for FHE which Brooklyn had planned. After, I watched the Bachelorette snug and comfy in my bed.

Today, was movie day. It was Spiderwick, too scary for Katy. She did ok in the beginning, but she didn't last a whole long time. Kept saying "too scawy". I eventually took her out and walked around the mall while we waited for the others to get out. After, I was standing, talking to my mom while the kids ran around the little area we were in. Katy disappeared, so I walked in a little circle to find her and this is what she was doing:

She looks homeless and starving. She found someone's bag of leftover popcorn so she hid around the corner of the pillar and had herself a treat. After the movies, we came home and just hung out for the afternoon. Brooklyn had a swim activity all afternoon so she wasn't around. Chelsey was planning a little party for one of her friends so she spent the day cleaning, organizing and baking. I kept trying to find time to get to the gym, but every time I decided on a time, something else came up that interfered. Finally, I decided to just go get my nails done instead. Not exactly the same thing, but very rewarding! Fresh set of nails and pretty toes. Sometimes the psyche needs exercising! I haven't had a pedicure in a few months so I was really happy to have good feet again. I bought a color of pink that I LOVE. I used to use theirs, but then if I chipped it or something, I couldn't fix it. Now I can. Came home to Chelsey's little soiree. She has really nice friends. They didn't stay for long. I spent the next hour or so reading while Katy took a bath and the kids played outside.

The not sinking in part - I'm leaving on a week long road trip in 3 days and I haven't don't anything. I should be panicking, but I'm not yet. I have a ton of things to do regarding scouts, the rental, and just plain laundry and packing. I'm going to guess that Thursday night to Friday will be a little frantic. Ah well, such is life...

3 comments:

Shelli said...

I always check for hiding places first. A whole week in the CAR! YUCK!!! Need any help?

Leslie said...

Good luck with the trip planning. You really don't need to pack much--you'll be within spitting distance of a Walmart all the way there!

Krista Darrach said...

I don't know how you get it all done to begin with - but you do.
Where are you going?