Friday, July 18, 2008

What an UN-day!

I'm a good thinker. I think a lot. Sometimes this drives my spouse a little crazy. So I was thinking, I have done miserably at sticking to my workout and diet. This stresses me out. I'm a stress eater. Do you see where I'm going with this? Probably the biggest issue is my lack of patience with my kids right now. The impending return to school brings both joy and anxiety. I have two more weeks until my life returns to normalcy. I'm giving myself those two weeks off. Not sabotaging or going crazy, just not making it my priority right now. I'm hoping taking that stress off will help me be less stressed. It makes sense in my mind!
On to my UN-day. In keeping with the theme of less stress, I took the day off. Literally, I did nothing. I'm still in my pajamas. Because it was a planned day off, I didn't stress about it. My house is a wreck! I did do some laundry, sort of. It's all in the middle of my living room floor. It used to be in nice stacks, but that's as far as it made it so now it's strewn all about. Since I planned on doing nothing, I didn't even care that I had to keep stepping over things! I didn't cook. I let my kids do mostly whatever they wanted. They actually spent the entire morning out playing in the irrigation. One cute little thing, Bo and I were laying down for a nap (all that doing nothing makes one tired)and somehow Heavenly Father came up and Bo asked where He was. I said In Heaven. He asked "why". Hmmm, this is a difficult concept for a 3 year old. He wasn't real hip on the dying and going to live with him thing. I told him he didn't have to. Sheesh, that stuff's hard!
Stephen and Nick left for an overnighter around noon and Chelsey left the same time to go with friends. She won't be back till late. Glade left at 2 for the same campout. The girls are leaving at 6 am to go meet them and go through the lava tubes up in Flagstaff.
I spent much of my UN-day working on making my blog into a book. Other than being a little stressful choosing page layouts, color schemes and such, I think it will be really neat. Might be a bit cheesy, but I will love to have a permanent copy.
So this is my final entry that will be printed in my book. Then I'll have to start a new one!


Picures of irrigation. No, Katy isn't drinking it!









1 comment:

Camille said...

K, tell me, tell me, how you are putting this in a book. I would love to do it. Is it like the one that was on Leslie's blog?