Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I made it!

So it's very late and all my bunko gals just left. I love my bunko group. We have been together for just over 10 years now. Some have come and gone, but half have been there the whole time. The evening went really well. We actually played the game! Some months we get to eating and talking and never around to playing. I don't really mind that.
Today was a little crazy. I woke all the kids up and handed them the very long "to do" list. I told them if I didn't have to yell at them, I was completely willing to bribe them to work hard and happily. They did a pretty good job. They chose Taco Bell for dinner. Easy and totally worth it. I was even able to get to the gym today. Speaking of which, I beat Glade's 5K time again by 1 second. It was only a tiny bit unfair, but not really. The real exciting thing was that I ran for over 2 and a quarter miles without stopping! Some days I really have it in me. Some I just don't. Having my neck better totally helps. It was a fun day at the gym. I love accomplishing things I don't think I can.
We are almost packed for camping. Glade still isn't home with the camper yet. He is trying to fix all the little things. Tomorrow should be fairly easy. Throwing all the last minute stuff together. I really tried to shop smart so we wouldn't just be sitting around eating crap for 4 days. I'm sure it'll be super fun. I love having good friends. Thanks to all of you who help to make my "adult time" very worth it! Happy 4th!

3 comments:

Camille said...

I had soo much fun tonight. I love how we all are such good friends and support for each other. I don't know what I would do without my bunko family! You lift me when I'm down, and boy do we have good laughs.

Heather said...

Have a blast!

Lulu said...

I am way excited about tomorrow!