Tuesday, July 15, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!


Today is my father's birthday. We tried for matching birthdays with Chelsey, but I was too impatient! This is the only picture I have. I was just there and I don't have one picture of the two of us. Gotta remember that next time. Love you dad!!!


Chelsey's Birthday


She and I took off early to go get shoes for work, which she finally started. She very opposed-ly bought a pair of black tennis shoes (work shoes). "they're ugly!" I tried to tell her that after a six hour shift, she would thank me. She wanted to buy these cute little slip on shoes. We rushed through Costco because Nick had an eye appointment in less than an hour. I had to go though. On Sunday I realized I was out of milk, eggs and sugar. Surprisingly, you need that stuff for a lot of things! We got to Nick's eye appointment and found out that he is officially Legally Blind without his glasses. Poor thing. Luckily they can correct it with glasses. They ended up being really expensive though. It's worth it for him to be comfortable. So after Nick's appointment, I dropped Chelsey off at a friend's house and her friend took her to her first day of work.

Stephen and I headed for the gym before we picked Chelsey up. She was already waiting for us when I got there 10 minutes early. She said she had just sat through 3 hours of training videos. Bummer. She thought maybe she should quit. I told her to stick it out, it's only a couple of days of crappy training. She really just doesn't want to work. Now that she has her cell phone, she has new incentive! It took all day for them to activate her phone. She was so frustrated!

For dinner I made her favorite and then we had lemon cake for dessert. The best part came when we were just about done with FHE and the doorbell rang. Four of her friends had brought her a little jello thingy to wish her Happy Birthday. We disbanned FHE early (Brooklyn was not happy since she had planned a game) and let her friends come in and have cake and visit for a while. It was really sweet. When they left, she even thanked me very sincerely for letting her friends come in to "party" with her. I think that made her whole day. She is a great girl and it's so fun to watch her grow up - Happy Birthday Chelsey!

4 comments:

gena said...

legally blind?! How scary...even with glasses for a teenager! My mother in law is too and she doesn't even want to chance lasik.

Kathy said...

It's a good thing they can correct it with glasses! Last time he was over and took off his glasses to swim, it didn't look like he could see much, but legally blind?? How bad is your vision before they say that? Will they even do lasik on someone so young?

Camille said...

Guess what? I'm legally blind too! I have been since high school I believe. So don't worry, it's not as high drama as it sounds--although you DEFINATELY HAVE to wear either your glasses or contacs at ALL TIMES!!! It's just hard when you do something where you can't wear your glasses like swimming(believe it or not, I sleep in mine, otherwise I can't even read my watch, let alone the alarm clock). And here I am, 20+ years later and still hanging in there--with no guide dog and white cane either. lol I have considered lasik a ton of times, but it freaks me out. So not sure you joined my club Nick, but it's not so bad. (Jordan is about there with his eye sight too.) :)

Leslie said...

Why does thinking of Chelsey's birthday choke me up?! Maybe because I remember the day she was born. It sure feels like less time than it has really been. Time is so weird that way. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Chelsey!
Les.