Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's working

Today was back to normal, mostly. With half my family gone, I was left with no where to go and nothing much to do. Since we are leaving out of town on Wednesday, I decided to get all my laundry done AND put away. It was a very quiet day. My littler ones mostly watched TV and played together while I had a Sandra Bullock marathon and hung up laundry. I watched While You Were Sleeping and then Lake House. Hope Floats was next, but I never got there. I think While You Were Sleeping has to be my favorite movie of all time. I'm sure I've seen it 20+ times and I love it every singe time. I even cried today. I did take a break from all the laundry to have a nap! (I WAS up at 5 am to get my girls to the church.) I actually got it all done and kept on my kids until all theirs was put away as well. Not an easy thing to do! Now I can start packing. This will be a much nicer trip to pack for. No dirt involved.
After my nice long nap, I took a shower and got ready for my date. Our friends cancelled on us which turned out to be OK because we ended up with no babysitter. We just went to a quick dinner and Wal Mart to pick up some last minute things. Last week Katy wore her cute little Sunday shoes to church. We always put em on and take em off all through sacrament. Today she brought them to me to put on, she loves shoes. I couldn't even come close to getting them in there. I held it to the bottom of her foot and her toes went past the end! How does that happen in a week?? We had to be back by 8 to take the girls to the dance so everything worked out well.
The kids had a great time at the lava tubes. Stephen "fell" into the water which is so great because he wasn't packing any extra clothes. I insisted he go get some "just in case". He was really annoyed with me. I'm guessing he quietly contemplated the genius of his mother when he was standing there soaking wet! Whitley fell and hurt her knee, but it didn't keep her from the dance. It started to rain on them right at the start of their picnic lunch. All in all it was a good trip.
I bought my last pack of socks today and that completes my school shopping. We will get back in town next Sunday and my 3 oldest start the next morning. Feels good to be organized. At the end of summer I'm always gung ho for schedules and order then by about February I'm totally ready for "NOT".
My less stress seems to be working. I didn't freak out when I didn't get to the gym today. It would have taken some jumping through hoops and I just wasn't going to do it. When we went to dinner, I didn't scour the menu for something that looked healthy. I just got what I wanted and ate half. I was plenty full and not stressed about going over my points or that I didn't work out today. Maybe a little break is just what I need to get myself back to motivated. Just don't let me break too long!

No comments: