Sunday, July 12, 2009

the Weekend

I'm guessing that not much happened because I can't think of much to say..lol. Friday morning we went to my mom's house to sew little pigs for our Humanitarian projects this week. That was fun. Not. The kids were not super willing to learn new sewing skills. We only lasted a couple of hours before deciding enough was enough. We got 10 pigs mostly done. Mom finished the rest after we left. Then we went to Chick Fil A, see previous post. Friday night, we went out with Joe and Kathy to TGI Friday's and then walked to Nielson's Frozen Custard. It wasn't the walking I was opposed to, it was the heat...sheesh! It really wasn't that bad. Whitley and Brooklyn spent the night with my mom. I guess Brooklyn took her turn puking while there. Sorry mom, red slushy all over her white carpet. When we walked in the door after our date, we could hear Bo upstairs crying. All the other boys were asleep and he had just thrown up. Poor thing. Lucky for us that was the extent of it. Brooke did it a couple of times at my mom's and had a fever.

Saturday, I woke up sooooo tired! I'm pretty sure I saw every hour on the clock. Not to mention, Katy came into bed with us around 2 am. I was dressed to go to the gym, but not that excited to be there. We got the boys settled doing a job at a neighbor's house and then went to the gym around 10. I last an hour, but thought I was going to die. Glade was attempting a 20 mile run. I left him there, went to get groceries, picked up the girls and went home to take a nap. I had just laid down when Glade called and said he was ready. Man! I could barely keep my eyes open on the drive home. He said he was going to sit in the hot tub for a while since he wasn't feeling too well. He went 17 miles! So I tried to have a nap. No one in this house wanted me to rest so I just got up and went to get him. We had made plans to do dinner and a movie with some long lost friends so I had just enough time to shower and NOT do my hair when we got home. We went to see the movie the Proposal. Funny!! All I'm going to say is that there is a really disgusting lap dance scene and the nudity was not really and not at all "sexy". (she is covering herself with her hands) I love Sandra Bullock and I'm pretty sure she is the cutest gal on the planet. After, we went to 5 andDiner for dinner. Don't laugh, but it was the best meal I've had in a long time! I got the pot roast with potatoes and gravy with a salad. Ahhhhh!! Every meal has it's thorns though...our waitress wouldn't stop calling everyone "honey, sweetie, darling, etc." I hate that!! I even called her it back once to see if she would notice. She didn't. After, we went to Nielson's again. Twice in a row!! Not good. Well, very good!

No puking so far today. A few that say they don't feel so well, so we will see about tonight. This week is our big family Stay-cation so we don't need any sickies. This week we will go to the lake, the science center, amazing jakes, the temple, bowling and do a service project. Should be super fun, let's just hope the sickness goes away.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

So sorry that you have all been sick. Stomach flu is the worst! Hope you're all well for your staycation and you have a great time!

Lulu said...

I love that you called that waitress back the pet names, she probably thought you were being kind. Grand idea on the staycation!!