Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 5 - I smell

First, in reference to the Bachelorette, I waited and wasted time till 9 pm so I could watch the "after the final rose" and then when I turned it on a few minutes early, it looked like I had missed it. I was so not happy! Turns out I didn't and of course I watched it and was just as uncomfortable as the people being interviewed. I don't know why I watch that one. I'm sure they will be very happy together..hehe.

Yesterday I felt a little better than the day before. Still don't feel well, but not like that day. I even went to Costco with Rhett and a friend and bought them pizza and didn't sneak even one bite. I've been impressed with my ability to resist. I'm not usually that strong even though I feel like I try harder. Today I got up and went to the gym. I don't know if it is the diet or just lack of training, but I die on the treadmill every time. I know I haven't been diligent for awhile, but the last few weeks I have and I still like I have never run before, starting all over. Totally sucks. I have been doing more strength training and hopefully that will show sometime soon. After going to the gym, I took Katy and Bo to Chick Fil A, our favorite place. I ate a salad with Berry Balsamic Vinegarette. Wasn't that bad. I'm sure it was a little cheater since the "berry" part included some sweetener. But Balsamic is the only option on the diet and Berry was all they had. Again, I didn't sneak a single nugget! I haven't been drinking the fiber drink in the cleanse packet, I just can't bear it. Today I decided to put it in my smoothie and see if I would notice it and I didn't! Tonight is our weight loss meeting that I haven't attended in about a month. It's dreadful, but my understanding is that most everyone has quit going. Someone has to be there to take some money so why not me? I can torture myself for 3 more weeks. To the stinking part - This morning Glade kissed me goodbye and told me that the food I was eating was starting to make me smell kinda bad. I told him it was probably the supplements, they taste bad too. I thought maybe it was my morning breath laced with nasty pills so I brushed my teeth and tried again. Nope, says I just have a smell. Nice. He said if I had decided to do this for life, he might have to complain, but as long as it's just a few more days.....Now I have to wonder everywhere I go if people can smell me.

Just a note, my friends son appears to be Ok. Still in the hospital, he cracked his skull, but they are just watching him for the time being. Haven't heard anything today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It usually does smell bad when your body flushes out toxins. It does not last forever. Also, a lot of toxins can be stored in your fat, so when you lose weight the same thing can happen. Hang in there.