Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 4

Yesterday was day 3 and it stunk. I felt sick to my stomach all day. Even the thought of eating or swallowing one more pill made my gag reflexes go. I didn't sleep well and since I was awake, my mind went to all the things I have to worry about, not very fun. I decided to just have a banana this morning instead of all the fake rice food. Even the thought of a banana is starting to be nauseating. I really just want a piece of pizza and a diet Pepsi. The thought of cheating/or quitting has occurred to me, but I haven't succumbed yet. Almost through day 4 and I want to be successful. I even made Mac and Cheese for my kids today and didn't have a single bite. That is one of my favs. I was eating a not very good steak and sweet potato and my kids were drooling saying they would trade me. I wish!! I ended up not eating the steak so I let them have it. Like buzzards waiting for something to die. Not sure what tonight will bring, maybe pasta, that seemed the most normal.

Today I rationalized to myself that I should not go to the gym, but stay home and clean. Whereas it may have been an excuse, it was a good one. My kitchen has been a wreck ever since the kids got out of school. I decided to give it a good scrub down, including all the corners which seem to get forgotten. This afternoon was registration for my other kids. They were so excited to see who their teachers were. Everyone was thrilled but Rhett. He just doesn't know his very well and it's a man. That could be interesting! Now it's on to crazy scout Tuesday. One of our scout leader's (and very good friend) son took a fall yesterday and is in the hospital. I haven't heard any details so I'm a little worried for them. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong, Laurie! The hard part is over - it's almost the weekend, and you will be cleansed! Inside and out. Have fun at Scouts. Dacia

Unknown said...

Who is Rhett's teacher? And who was it that fell?