Monday, July 27, 2009

Become as a little child

I haven't had a really good Sunday in quite a while. Yesterday, I was determined to make it a good one and it was. I dug out Sunday movies they could watch, I read lots of books to the littler ones and didn't make anyone do any work, ok...a tiny bit of laundry. I even cooked dinner for everyone. We didn't have normal Sunday dinner. Whitley made cookies with Stephen after dinner and I wasn't even tempted to eat one. I watched "Legacy" while I sorted laundry and everyone mostly got along. Such a nice change. While laying in bed with Katy, Bo came in crying saying he got hurt. I didn't make him take a nap, but he should have. He laid on my one shoulder and Katy was on the other. She propped herself up and stroked Bo's head repeating "it's OK Bo". He grabbed her and gave her a big hug and wimpered "I love you Katy". For the next 10 minutes, they took turns hugging and kissing and giving I love you's to each other. My big kids could really use a lesson on this one! A preface to my next story, Katy never says "your" it's always "you". While driving to church, Rhett was behind her playing with her hair. She was getting a little irritated and he obviously missed the signals of her screaming for him to stop. I finally told him to stop, so he did. After a brief pause, she very matter of factly says to him "Sit you butt down." Of course we all giggled and that made both of them smile. Makes me giggle just thinking about it. Really was a great day.

On the subject of my cleanse, still going well. Actually, this morning I seriously thought I might puke. Breakfast is going to be hard for me. We were out of bananas and everything I can eat for breakfast is only tolerable because it involves bananas. I really wanted to go to the gym but I just felt like crap. Finally I decided to just get my behind going and at least just walk for awhile on the treadmill. Once I got there, I was fine and of course I didn't come home without a whole lot of bananas! For lunch I decided to try my rice pasta. It was actually good. I put some marinara sauce on it with some chicken and it was pretty good. Almost tasted like normal food! The week is seeming a little longer today than it did yesterday, but I'm going to see it through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay with it, Laurie! You will either feel much better when it's over, or really appreciate some good food! Dacia