Thursday, July 23, 2009

Last Day of Staycation - Adults Only

The last day of Staycation was a much needed Adult Day! We started with a temple session and then headed to dinner. We ate at Red Robin, then went to the bowling alley. We had two hours of bowling in which we fit in roughly 4 games. I was afraid to bowl because of my elbow. (tendinitis). The first game I bowled with a really stiff arm and my scored showed that. It was very frustrating. In my frustration, I threw a few balls normally and did pretty well. The rest of the night I bowled OK, but by the end I was starting to feel my elbow. It's still a little stiff, but it doesn't really hurt. We had a great time just hanging out and not worrying about the kids. After bowling we thought it only appropriate to end the night with some Nielson's. By that time we were all a little giddy and probably sleep deprived. We laughed and talked and stayed till cute little Austin booted us out at closing time. It really was a fun night and I was only a little sore the next day from bowling. Funnily, we still got together for Sunday dinner as usual.



Amy and Tyler

Rick and Laura


Kristi and Kyle


ViEtta and Steve



The whole gang








Glade forgot his clothes at home to change into. He started off bowling fully suited as a joke. He eventually lost the jacket and tie.


The doublemint twins


Joy and Sherry


Sherry and John "rockin".


Laura getting her groove on.

1 comment:

Krista Darrach said...

Looks like fun. I love bowling. It was fun when Damian and I had to go - he took an online bowling class for a PE credit for school.
You're lucky to have such a great family so close.
We don't have anyone. We're it. Just our kids come and visit.
:-)
We're going to Idaho in September - that will be great. I love Jim's family.
~Krista