Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A little BOREDOM please!

This was supposed to be my week of 'nothing'. Go nowhere, do nothing...you know...just be bored. To skip back a little, we got home at 1 am on the 4th of July. We were up at 7:10 Sunday morning, got everyone showered and dressed and were at church by 7:52. My kids were awesome! However, we were all really tired. I can't say I paid as much attention as I should have while trying to keep my eyes open. I was so looking forward to a really long nap. About 10 minutes before church was over, Rhett's primary teacher came and got me. *deep sigh* What now? Rhett was close to tears which is somewhat unusual when he gets tattled on. His teacher turned to him and told him it was "OK". He then says that he is scared and lets the tears fall. What the heck? Turns out, he put an airsoft BB in his ear and can't get it out. I hugged him and assured him it would be fine. We gathered the rest of the kids and went home. I tried tweezers, but it was too big. I tried a few other things and was unsuccessful. Probably even pushed it further back. There goes my nap, off to urgent care. Glade was very against this and said he could wait till tomorrow and just take him to the regular doctor. This goes against my nature, but I finally agreed. It wasn't hurting him, just scared. (which is why I wanted to take him right now) I tried to get a nap, but was now too wound up to sleep much.

We went to Sunday dinner at the Smith's, planned our Stay-cation for next week and got home by 10 pm. The plan was for Stephen, Rhett and I to go to the doctor at 9:15, then Rhett would stay with my mom while Stephen and I went to the gym. I haven't been in forever! We got to the Dr.s and they couldn't get it out. Great. Now it's off to an ENT. There go my plans for the gym. The ENT is a whole other direction. We got into the car to leave and it wouldn't start. Lucky for me, we were close to my mom's house and she is a saint. She came to get us (canceled her lunch plans) and took us to the appointment. We waited quite a while and then when the doctor came in, he had it out within seconds. He let Rhett keep it as a souvenir. Air Soft has definitely been a disruption in my life lately! Mind you, we don't have guns or BBs or anything. They use their friends stuff. Someone had brought home a pocket full of BBs, Rhett found some and took them to church.

Called Glade and he met us back at the car. He jumped it, then we drove to Autozone to get a new battery. Now I've been rescued by my mom and my husband. There was a Ross right there so we went in to look for some shirts for Rhett. That, and a few pair of jeans for Dalin and I'm done school shopping. We didn't need a whole lot this year. Got home around 1:30, got a short nap and had intended to go to the gym at this point. Nope, all my big kids were elsewhere except for Stephen who was supposed to go with me. Katy took a 4 hour nap though. So I hung out and got dinner started, did some laundry, etc. I had gotten steaks on sale so we were grilling out. I used my step mom's delicious marinade, the kids were all very excited about this treat. I asked the boys to get the grill fired up. This is not anything new for them. Well, It was still in the back of Glade's truck so they had to get it out and move it to the back porch. Nick got it lit and a little later I asked if it was ready. He said there was a lot of fire from the food bits burning away, so not yet. I looked outside and saw tons of smoke. I thought maybe I should go check it out. Well.....they had put it right up against the house and when they lifted the lid, it melted the siding on my house. Actually stuck to the grill lid. Lovely. Oh yah, as I went to check it, there was no fire at all because Nick had just hosed down the entire grill, inside and out. That's why all the smoke. I wasn't sure we could get it started after that, but we did. Got the steaks cooked and were just about ready to sit down when.. *ring*....Glade had a flat tire and was stranded.

I'm totally happy to go save him, even if he hadn't already saved me today, it was just that let down of here..right in front of me...are the most delicious steaks...and I have to leave. They were just as delicious when I got back! We ate, had FHE and retired to watch the Bachelorette as usual. I was plenty tired after that and was ready for bed. Katy, however was not. In and out of bed, crying, fussing about nothing. Finally we get her down and now I can't get to sleep. Finally about midnight, I dozed off. Around 4, I hear Katy crying again. It's a different kind of cry though. Hmmm, she came in next to me and cries "I a mess!" I feel her jammies and they are gooey and so are her hands. Duh....ewwwwww! She threw up all over herself. We cleaned her and changed her and put her out on the couch with Dora. A little while later, the same thing. Now she just wanted to lay with me. Ok, sure...I can do this. She wants to lay ON me. Not too much longer, I heard the rumblings and was able to push her off me just in time. Nice of me, I know! We cleaned up our bed and got another pair of jammies for her and this time we were actually able to go back to sleep for a little while.

The silver lining of all this....somehow...someway....I was able to not get crouchy. When you add up all the mishaps and crap, I maybe should have cried, but I didn't. Maybe I'm too tired to be emotional. I guess I will be grateful for that! Let's hope for a little boredom TODAY!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the most amazing woman on earth! How DID you survive the last 2 weeks? Dacia

Tomena said...

Ammon (my 18 month old) Likes to stick things up his little nose ;O)
Recently we made a trip to the urgent care. I thought he had half of a black bean. (I had tried tweezers, bulb "thingy", a straw) No.... a Black bean and a half and a piece of corn. We too made a trip to the ENT... fun fun.
Hope today was less "fun" ;)

Tomena said...

Ammon (my 18 month old) Likes to stick things up his little nose ;O)
Recently we made a trip to the urgent care. I thought he had half of a black bean. (I had tried tweezers, bulb "thingy", a straw) No.... a Black bean and a half and a piece of corn. We too made a trip to the ENT... fun fun.
Hope today was less "fun" ;)

Unknown said...

You are a busy woman. Bummer about the siding on your house. At least it was only the siding that got melted.

Heather said...

I kept reading wondering when if it was ever going to end. I hope today is better.

Leslie said...

Holy moley...what a crazy day. I hope you slept/sleep well.