Saturday, December 17, 2011

Where are You Christmas?

I really love that song, but that's kind of what I'm feeling this year.  Last year I thought I was missing out cuz I was too busy.  I wouldn't say that was the case this year.  I still feel like it's not here yet.  Like the month went by and I didn't FEEL it.  So I started thinking about what could be causing this.  The only thing that made sense to me was my kids.  I believe it's because my kids are big now.  Our Christmas' were always spent in awe and wonder.  Just driving past lights would get oooh's and aahh's from everyone.  We would spend many evenings watching goofy little Christmas movies and talking about all the exciting things coming up.  Now.... they're just big.  I still have Bo and Katy, but they have been ruined.  Silly little cartoons are not cool enough for them.  Now it's big kids who make fun of Christmas songs and give no heed to the little things.  Sure, they all like Christmas, but it's just not the same.  The magic of it has kinda gone away.  Some how I need to figure out how to get it back for myself.  I miss that part.  I want everything to be a wonder again.  I am reminded of my SIL's blog title.. Treasure These Moments...  I guess I didn't realize it wouldn't always be like that.  Life sure would sure be easier if we could live it backwards!!

No comments: