Sunday, December 11, 2011

Family Pics by the Tree

It's that time again!!  Yep, dress 'em up, shove 'em all in a tight group and force 'em to act like they love each other.  Isn't that how everyone does family pictures??  We have 8 am church now so when I woke them up early to make sure everyone was ready by 7:15, not everyone was so happy.  We also had to practice our song for today so it was a busy morning.  I even got our cards ordered and can pick them up tomorrow.  I didn't post that picture, cuz that wouldn't be any fun at all!  So here are the fruits of our labors.





As for our singing in church, well... we did it.  From where I was standing, it sounded pretty bad.  Maybe I could just hear myself, I don't know.  But I'm pretty sure since we messed up the lyrics in the same spot on both verses, it wasn't that great of a performance.  Now, everyone was certainly smiling at us as we sang so we at least brought joy to those before us.  (even if it was in the form of comic relief)  We, of course, received many compliments after about how well we did.  My favorite and most accurate was this : I felt the Spirit of it!  Thanks Steph, for being honest! ♥  I also got the : Is that YOUR whole family, what did I count.. NINE??  I think we can rest assured that we won't be called on to sing in sacrament for awhile now.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are so funny and crazy. Crazy for getting 9 kids ready that early for pics, but good for you for getting it done. Funny cuz your family did a good job singing especially acapela. Was it the best musical ever, no but it was sung well and I didn't notice mistakes. I tend to like the down to earth normal songs that people arent trying to show they can sing. Your whole family sings well and you guys did great.