Saturday, December 17, 2011

This Week

Soooo, this last week was spent without my mom.  My Uncle Chet died suddenly the week before , so she went back for his funeral.  I really loved Uncle Chet and am so sad for all the family that will be without him, he was much too young.  While she was gone, I mostly stayed in jammies, but while I did that, I got a little movie watching done.  It rained for 2 straight days here, unheard of!!  I took full advantage... clicked on the fireplace, turned on all the Christmas lights, got some hot chocolate and put on a movie.  So great!! 

Rhett and Brooklyn had another race and Rhett finally stepped it up.  It was only 3 schools but he got 8th place this time.  I think he was like 24th before.  When I looked up his times from last year, they were much better that what he has run so far.  This time he did much better and actually looked like he was running hard when he came through.  He beat his last time by 40 seconds.  That's a lot for only a mile and a half.  I was really proud of him for trying so hard.

We had our Christmas Bunko this week.  It was a really good time.  We had discussed discontinuing bunko for next year but decided to keep it going but only 4 times a year.  I hope it works out and that it goes better than it has been.  It was still a really good night.  I have great friends!!

No comments: