Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break Begins

It's officially Spring Break. Normally we would do Saturday chores today, but I'm giving them the day off (mostly) because I'm going to work them like crazy next week. I read an article, I believe it was by President Hinckley, but anyway....he was explaining how spring cleaning kind of came to pass and all the things you had to do in the spring (way back when) to get rid of all the signs of winter. It was a lot of work. The whole point of his article was about teaching kids to work. How we don't do it that well in these days and how important it is. He also mentioned the pride the children should show in their own home, such as cleaning and organizing and having it be comfortable and nice to be in. SO, with that in mind, we will spend a few hours everyday doing deep cleaning, purging and organizing. Hopefully Goodwill will be happy to see us by the end of the week!

We are also planning a few hikes and maybe a bowling outing. Stephen and Rhett are at a campout this weekend and Nick and Glade have one next weekend. I really would like to take them camping during the week, but just don't know how to pull that off. I'm sure we will have plenty of fun and not a whole lot of time will be spent laying around in front of the TV watching Disney re-runs. Let's hope.

Speaking of Disney, we got all our plans arranged and we are set to go to Disneyland as soon as school is out. Glade, Nick and Stephen will be gone on a 5 day scout outing so Mom and I are taking the rest of the kids to Disneyland. We did the Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day so we all have free entry to Disneyland. We got a hotel deal with 2 night, stay the 3rd free so we will be gone a total of 4 days. Should be lots of fun and everyone is way excited. I'm going with the boys at the end of May for their 8th grade graduation as well. Twice in two weeks, crazy. I'm excited to do that with them and I love that they want me to go, well at least one does!

I lost two lbs yesterday on the diet which is only exciting because the day before I didn't lose any. Not exactly what to make of it, but it was a little disconcerting to not lose so early. Today made up for it, so assuming I will lose another lb today (that's what it's been so far), I will have lost 9 lbs in a week. Nice! I even put on a pair of pants I haven't ever worn. I bought them a little tight thinking I would fit into them soon and then never did. Now they are even "roomy". Can't complain about that. I took my measurements before I started so today I thought I would try it again. I have lost about 1 to 2 inches around all my torso parts (didn't check my chest..he he) but nothing around my legs and arms. I guess that's really best since my torso needs it the most. Still feeling mostly strong, the smell of cake wasn't that exciting last night, but I was fine. However, maybe TMI but I'll share anyway....I was kissing my husband right after he ate a bowl of cereal and the taste was quite delicious! I hadn't tasted anything like sweet Muffin Tops cereal in a week! Is that cheating??

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That's not cheating at all. Just a benefit of a good marriage. :)

Your post sounded so familiar, so I searched your blog in March of last year and here it is:

http://gnlsmith.blogspot.com/2009/03/calm-before-storm.html

I think you can now call it a tradition. :)

P.S. We have big plans for Spring Break and you're welcome to come! I'll email ya.

Tammy said...

Disneyland twice in two weeks! That's great! I have a while to think about it, but I've always wondered if I would go on the 8th grade trip. Can't wait to hear how that goes. Have a good break.