Tuesday, March 30, 2010

1001 Projects

Sometimes I can be a real go-getter. Other times I'm quite lazy. The last few days, I have been in project hog heaven. I had a wonderful weekend away, which I will post about when I get the pictures, and then since I have been home, I can't stop doing stuff. I'm teaching a canning class next week, which got me thinking about that. I have way too many empty jars in my pantry so I decided I would fill them. In the last 36 hours, I have canned 10lbs of potatoes, 13 lbs of meat and 6 jars of salsa. I also cleaned and organized my pantry, made homemade bread, bought supplies for 35 seventy-two hour kits, done about 7 loads of laundry, tried to finish my book before it's due back to the library, and still in process of getting all the PETE containers to their rightful owners. Oh yes, planned an Easter lunch at my house on Friday. I attended my boys last baseball game, rode 7 miles on a bike and ran 3 on the treadmill this morning.

The not so great part about all that is that the seven loads of laundry are all stacked and waiting to be put away, my unpacking is not complete from this weekend, my kitchen is a wreck and I still have too many pages to read in my book. So close, but still so much to do. Hopefully I will not run out of steam. I should try to live more to the motto of "moderation in all things". If I were to do a little each day, I would be nicely balanced. So, I should keep moving while I've got the energy. Can't wait to try my potatoes and steak that I canned! The bread is simply delish..

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow! Seriously you are incredible!!! I need your energy! Can't wait to hear how the potatoes taste. I haven't ever canned potatoes! Enjoy.