Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's Working

As of today, I'm down 5 lbs after 3 full days of the system. I still feel good and wasn't even too tempted to eat one of the very delectable brownies that were stuck right under my nose after pack meeting. I spend more time cooking than normal and eat things I normally wouldn't and use spices I've never even purchased before, but those are all good things. Today I "fried" my chicken and cucumbers together with some onion flakes and salt and pepper. It wasn't super great, but not too bad either. I ate the rest of my cucumber in a dressing mix I made with apple cider vinegar and stevia. Stephen took these to school and gave a few to one of his friends. His friend replied with "I want to live at your house!". So, we've been able to come up with some creative ways to eat the same old boring food. Last night we coated our fish with lemon juice and crushed up Melba toast then baked it. I don't even love fish, but it wasn't bad. There has been question as to whether or not you can eat broccoli and cauliflower so we are only using them very occasionally. We made cauliflower into "potatoes" with our stake and covered them with gravy and it was good and even felt like a warm, yummy meal. Still feel strong at this point.

Pack meeting went ok last night despite my lack of preparation. It certainly wasn't one of my best and it makes me really uncomfortable to be up there when I know I didn't prepare like I should have. After pack meeting, we had our cub meeting and then the big scout meeting after that. I guess it's good to get it all in at one time.

This morning I was able to watch last night's Biggest Loser while on the treadmill. I only ran 2 miles and technically I walk/ran it, but it pooped me out a little. I'm not sure if it was the diet or the fact that I haven't run in a week or if I was just overly sensitive because of the situation. I'm not sure it's good to burn 300 of the only 500 you eat all day. I will have to play with it and see how it makes me feel. I felt fine today, just winded.

More cold, which I love. Expecting rain again this afternoon, but it's sunny right now. I can't say I'm looking forward to the heat, but my kids are really growing out of their winter clothes. Not buying them new ones at this point. Spring break is next week so we are going to get A LOT done. I'm very excited about this. Not only will it make the week go by faster, but maybe I won't walk through my house shaking my head at all the little "clutters" here and there. I should start making a list....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Keep up the hard work. Dacia

Tomena said...

I'm glad it's working and that you feel good. I won't lie it does sound scary.... I'm so excited for you to accomplish your goal.

Leslie said...

Good for you!