Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baseball and Roadtrip

Brooklyn and Bo had their first games this week. Ouch! I forgot how bad they were at that age. Bo was typical t-ball stuff, you know, five boys all wrestling over the ball no one willing to relinquish possession. Bo coming off the field right in the middle of an inning to get a drink, cartwheels and handstands in the outfield....all the normal stuff. Brooklyn's on the other hand, painful. She is in minors. Most of the girls are playing for the first time. The pitching is awful, the throwing, catching, it's all bad. The worst is the jungle ball of throwing behind the runner, making overthrows and girls who walked to first end up scoring even before another batter comes up. I'm glad I'm not their coach! I love me a good game of baseball, but this is definitely NOT it.

Today we are leaving for Vegas! Yes, I hate Vegas, but Glade and Jake are doing the half Ironman in Henderson (which is where we really will be). We'll be gone for 4 days total. I'm so excited for a little get away. Glade and I haven't been away since we went on the cruise last May. Unfortunately, my sneezing fit yesterday has caused a serious head cold. Just what I need, phlegm accompanying me on my trip. Ah well, I'm glad for the opportunity.

Today is my last day of the 500 cal diet. I ended up at 12 lbs in two weeks. Tomorrow I start on maintenance. This whole Vegas thing came at the wrong time. I would have like to finish out the drops for the last week to see if I started losing again once I was done with my period. I will have to do another week when we get back from Disneyland this summer. I may try to fit it in sooner, we'll see. Stephen has done amazing! He also lost 12 lbs, but he had gained 3 at scout camp and had to relose them, so he would have been at 15 or so. I'm so proud of how well he has handled it. OK, Time to stop playing and get to work so I can get out of here!

No comments: