Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3 days

Finally finished the gorging, holy crap. I won't lie, Olive Garden never tasted as good as it did that last night! Sunday, the first day of 500 calories was really tough. Sunday dinner: meat, potatoes, rolls, deserts galore....it's wasn't easy. It doesn't help that it's just out all the time, the whole night. But, we made it through and survived! The next couple of days haven't been that hard. I've tried a couple of the recipes and they are quite good! Seriously, Melba toast into gravy? Nice! I've only been a little hungry, but nothing bad. If I sit and think about all the things I can't have, I start to wonder how I'm going to make it, but then I snap out of it. I gained 4 lbs on the load days, which is expected, and have lost 7 since then. Basically I'm down 3 lbs in 2 days from where I started. That's encouraging. It's still a very long road ahead, but right now I feel confident. I look at clothes in the stores and think "one month and I can buy those!"

Life right now pretty much just consists of me running kids around to different activities. There won't be a whole lot to post about except who won what game etc. Chelsey set a PR for pole vaulting on Friday! She was really excited. Whitley has an injured knee and hasn't been able to participate like she wanted too. Stephen and Nick are both doing well for baseball and Bo and Brooklyn just barely started. Bo was very cute when he went to his first practice. His coach told him probably ten times what a good arm he had. He already knew that though cuz on the way, he told me he didn't know the rules, but that was OK because he had arms. Gotta love t-ball. Stephen made it to the state Geography Bee again. Glade is probably going to Vegas to run a half iron man before he does the full in July. We are go go go right now. I guess that's a good thing, but I haven't been super disappointed to have all the rain lately (lots of canceled events).

Tonight is pack meeting and I didn't prepare like I should have, but hopefully I can pull it all together. With that said, I should probably get to work on that!

No comments: