Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dinner in a Jar

My day went way downhill after all my domestic victories the other day. That's a different post and according to my mom, kinda humorous. Anyway, I decided to try some of the things I canned so I could appropriately recommend them during my class next week. I haven't been a fan of canned hamburger, it has a funny texture. BUT, it has the texture of meatloaf, sooooo.....I made meatloaf and then canned it. It doesn't come out of the jar pretty (could pass for dog food), but it tasted really yummy. I added the canned potatoes and what a great meal. The potatoes were nasty when I tried to make mashed potatoes out of them, but just with butter, salt and pepper, they were very good. So, there you have it, a meal in a jar. Even my kids approved. Just found out potatoes are on sale for 59 cents a ten lb bag. Guess what I'll be doing this next week! Can't wait to taste the London Broil I canned...

No comments: