Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh the Downtime

This week has been so mellow! Other than cleaning (which wasn't as much as I planned), we just haven't really done anything at all this week. We have hiked two mornings and everyone had their normal church stuff, but other than that, it's been chill. No one has even complained about being bored yet! Luckily there is only one more day. Several times right in the middle of the day, I climb in bed and read. It's been really nice. Sleep in, lounge most the day, go to bed early, watch more TV (movies) than ever. I kinda like it!

We have certainly done our fair share of cleaning this week. All the bed rooms got a deep clean and I found out why laundry seemed so easy this week! Now I have mountains!! All the bathrooms, and kitchen, blinds, baseboards, garage, mudroom....all got a nice once over. I didn't do nearly as much purging and organizing as I had wanted, but I realized that's really mostly all me. They all worked without a whole lot of gripe and we got a lot done.

I went to a movie all by myself yesterday. It's really been a bad stretch for movies. I saw Remember Me. I thought just maybe it would be a sweet, twisty sort of love story. Nope, dark and depressing. He was just greasy and sad and smoking through the whole thing. Way too much swearing and a few steamy scenes. I was shocked at how many young girls were in there. Not good. Terrible ending as well. So, it WAS a nice time out by myself, but the movie stunk. I did a little shopping while out, but nothing too exciting.

My diet is still going well. It's been so surprisingly easy to stick to it. This whole period thing is really frustrating me so I think I'm just going to start taking my white pills again and see if I can get it to go away. Since we are going to Vegas next weekend, I'm stopping 3 days early so I can eat semi-normally while gone. I'm sure I will have enough drops to do another round this summer, after Disneyland! When I walked up to the window to buy my movie ticket, the smell of the popcorn about knocked me down. My knees went all weak, it was crazy. Didn't eat any though. Hoping to squeeze at least 5 more pounds out of this round.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great break. I'm glad you are enjoying it!