Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday

This year I talked Chelsey into going with me. We left about 4 am, which is the latest I think I have ever left. She dropped me off at Wal Mart and she went to Target. As soon as I walked in the store, they started ripping off the clear wrap. I was in a panic because I hadn't been able to walk around and find where everything I wanted was. Luckily, I was able to get everything I went for plus some. I ad matched some of the things I wanted from Target so Chelsey wouldn't have to get it. Actually, there was one movie I didn't get. It was on Chelsey's list too, so I told her to make sure to find it. She didn't. Other than the normal fun chaos, checking out wasn't bad and we were out of there and back home by 6 am. I dropped her off and headed into town. Tracie was waiting at Kmart so I asked her to get me a few things there and I headed to Toys R Us. They opened at midnight, so I was pretty sure I wouldn't get anything I wanted, but I was able to find most of it. What I didn't find, I was able to find something else just as good.

When I got out of there, Tracie was still waiting to check out so I told her I would go put our names in for breakfast. She was a little while, but we had breakfast and IHOP and then headed to Kohl's. I got most of what I wanted there, but we had to wait in line to check out almost 45 minutes. That's crazy. After Kohl's, I went to drop everything off and my mom's house (11:30). I organized a little and figured out what I still needed, then laid down for a little nap. About 2 pm, I headed back out. I went to Kmart to try and exchange something Tracie had gotten me. What a mess! That store was gross. Lucky for me though, someone had changed their mind and what I wanted was in the go-back pile. I found a few things in go-back piles, always have them check there! While there, Tracie called and said we should do dinner and go see "The Blind Side". She hadn't even slept that night so I was shocked she wanted to go out. Since I was still in town, I decided to just hang out at the mall till it was time for the movie to start. We missed the early movie, so we went to dinner first, then saw the movie. It was really good. After the movie, we headed back to the mall to use a coupon she had. BTW, our husbands were with us this time. We were there until 10:15 pm.

I hadn't even SEEN my children the whole day! Lucky for me, they were really good and behaved all day. I kept calling to check on them, but it felt weird to be gone that long. I swore I was sleeping in on Saturday. Nope, up by 7 and decided to go use my last two coupons. I shopped till about noon, sewing up all the loose ends. Spent WAY too much time trying to find that stupid movie. Long story. Went home, did tons of cleaning, took a short nap and then got ready to go the the Stake Christmas Concert that Glade and the girls were singing in.

That lasted about an hour and a half, then we headed out to Glade's 20 year reunion. We didn't get there until about 10pm. Spent the whole time having the same conversation with different people. I was wearing new shoes and totally regretted that after standing for 2 hours. Mom was getting in at 11:30 so we went to the airport to pick her up. She was giving us the low down on her trip home. During which, she told a very touching story of helping my Grandma decorate her house for Christmas and how that was the first time in 4 years her house had seen Christmas. The irony here, is that the Christmas present I had been working on for my mom, was decorating her house for Christmas so it would already be done when she got home. Like mother, like daughter I guess. It was hard not to say anything as she was telling the story. When we got to her house, I had all the lights on so it looked pretty when she walked in. We didn't get home till 1 am. Long, long weekend.

No comments: