Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009


This Halloween I told the kids I wasn't spending any money on costumes. We have boxes of old stuff that I told them to go through and either re-use or create something new with things we already had. They did a great job!!


Now, in all fairness, Katy was going to wear an angel costume we had, but I found this whole ensemble for $3 at a yard sale. I couldn't resist. Abby Cadabby - Rock on??

Whitley had high hopes of Cindy Luwho (Dr. Seuss), but couldn't make her hair right, so she went with nightmare ballerina girl.


Bo LOVED his cowboy costume and so did I. Low maintenance is always a plus!


Stephen went back and forth with a few ideas, but about an hour before Trunk or Treat, we came up with the gumball machine.




Brooklyn was a witch. I think she has been some type of witch at least 4 times now.


Rhett has had his magician costume ready for weeks. At the last minute, he decided to throw this together. He is an elf from some book series he likes. He and his friend Ben both did this.


After convincing Dalin I couldn't just "make" a dinosaur costumes from a few little things, he settled on a vampire..

Who can resist a cowboy??


Katy didn't get too far before she settled down to check the goods.
Chelsey had to work that night so it was a bummer for her. She went to a friends party when she got off, so it wasn't a total bust. Nick wore all black. He mostly helped with some of the games and left early with Glade so I never got a picture of him. We stayed at Trunk or Treat for a few hours, eating chili, playing the games and gathering treats. It was a really nice evening. Of course mom came with us and helped me multi task. Oh yah, early in the day while the kids were at play practice, mom and I went shopping. That, too, was productive and fun. She finished some of the sewing I needed done for play costumes and we went to lunch as well. Super day all the way around!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

So cute. They did a good job coming up with their costumes.