Sunday, November 22, 2009

a big week

Yesterday started out with chores chores and more chores. With all that has gone on this week, our home was in dire need of some attention, so we gave it some. Once I got everyone on task and well on their way, I headed out for my 6 mile run. I needed to do it just once before Thursday to assure myself I wasn't going to die. Nope, still here. I really did not want to go, but I have given myself way too many excuses lately so I forced myself out. I even ran it outside versus the treadmill. It was killer. I'm counting on adrenaline to pull me through this week. I forgot to check what time I started so I really don't know how fast I did it, but I ran the first 3.25 miles with only walking a half mile of it. The way back was not that good. I have to say though, that having the finish line in front of you is much better on the psyche than running away from it. Today I'm just a little sore from it. I'll only run one more time before Thursday, and a much shorter run at that.

When I got home, the kids had mostly accomplished all their assignments, so I got them pizza for lunch and then sent them off to their afternoon performance. The babies and I had a nice nap! I did a lot of laundry and waited patiently for Glade to get home. He left Friday night to go ride the El Tour de Tuscon. It's a 109 mile bike race. He and some friends were all riding and were due home in the afternoon. He did really well and got a gold medal. I was super excited about that till he told me gold wasn't the best, platinum was. What?? Gold is always the best! Anyway, he was happy with his time and I was anxious for him to get home. He had worked late all week and we hadn't seen much of each other. Even though he was exhausted, he still took me out on a date and did a little shopping with me. I love him. He was seriously snoring withing seconds of his head hitting the pillow.

Today has been a nice day. I love Sunday breakfast and today was so chill that we were almost late for church. We came home and ate the leftover pizza and just hung out the rest of the day. No family Sunday dinner tonight so we fired up the grill and had marinated steak for dinner. Always a good treat. Glade, Chelsey and Whitley had choir practice and Rhett and I had to go to the Priesthood Preview where I was asked to give a short talk. It was really nice and I came home to dishes done and nice kids playing together. Perfect ending to an already good day.

The rest of the week entails: one more play performance, football game, school Christmas concert, thanksgiving on Wednesday, turkey trot and thanksgiving on Thursday, shopping on Friday, Christmas choir concert and Glade's 20 year on Saturday and Final Christmas Choir on Sunday. I think it's going to be a fun week!

No comments: