Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reunion Week End

Friday was a very productive half day of school. Spent the morning getting groceries and running errands and then the kids were off at noon. I have been trying to get caught up on all my canning from what I got on sale this week. Didn't happen this day! We went out with some friends in our ward who also helped us get the swingset moved. It's still in a few pieces and the kids are dying to get on it. They have already spent a lot of time on the part that is in tact. I think it's a wise purchase. I'll have to post pics when it's all up. It needs a little sanding and staining and a new swing, but other than that...great deal for $100.

Saturday, I went for a short run and then home to finish canning. The kids all had play practice and Glade had a triathlon that morning so it was a quiet day at home. Was supposed to go the my Reunion picnic, but didn't get my car back from getting the brakes done in time so we skipped it. Glade and a few others helped get the rest of the playground to our house and then they finished the chicken coop. I tried to lay down for a little nap, but had too much on my mind. I've been in charge of getting this basket together for a Stake Fundraiser and it has come together really well, but now I have a ton of stuff I have to try and fit in a basket! That will be a challenge.

Glade and I got around and headed out for the reunion. As I was getting ready, I began to think "why am I doing this?" What would possess me to want to go see people I barely knew 20 yrs ago? I only knew most of these people for 2 years of my life. I'm insane. We went anyway and it was good. None of the people I was really good friends with were there, but lots of people I "knew". It's always awkward at first, but then it got OK. We sat at a table with someone I didn't know at all and made polite conversation for awhile, then some other people came and sat with us. I knew most of them, but didn't hang around with them in HS. Turns out my kids go to school with some of their kids. Even better, Rhett has called their daughter. Small world. (and embarrassing one sometimes too) They passed out a few awards and get this.....I won one! Come on.....guess.........MOST KIDS. Shocking, I know. It was worth it though, I got 2 movie tickets, a $25 gift card to Toys R Us and some other little trinkety stuff. The next people under us had 7. Once all the formalities were over, they started playing music and we started dancing.

It was the most fun part of the night. First, just a few slow songs and a few couples dancing, then they did some fast, but no one would dance. Eventually, we went out and did it anyway. I love to dance and even though I may be too old to look good doing it, it's still fun. We danced till we were sweaty. It was just like old times, everyone dancing in a little circle just as a group. We stayed till about 11 and then headed home. We made plans with a couple of people to get together in the near future, we'll see if that actually happens. On a more personal and not so proud note: I'm guessing I was the only girl there that could say she had kissed all 3 guys at her table. Awkward. Note to the young - keep your lips to yourself, it will come back to haunt you.





3 comments:

Leslie said...

You and Glade look great! Congrats on the award. Christian won one too...lives closest to the high school. Silly, I know. We didn't get a cool prize for that one. So, were there any grandparents there? Christian had two people from his graduating class that have grandkids.

Heather said...

YOu two look cute. Glad you had a fun evening and it still makes me cringe thinking 20 years.

Kathy said...

What a great picture!