Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hiking for the Holiday


I have spent most of my time on a treadmill lately and decided I needed some other sort of workout. I was actually running on the treadmill watching the Biggest Loser when Bob told them he was taking them up the mountain and that's when the light bulb went off. Glade and I had hiked this trail with a friend a while ago and the kids all whined that they wanted me to take them. I told them when the weather cooled down, I would. Not that it's exactly cool yet, but at least the mornings aren't bad. So....we took this holiday to take our hike. I invited Leslie and her kids and my mom to come with.

We left around 8 and got done around 10. The bigger kids zoomed right up while my mom stayed in the middle with the littler ones and Les and I brought up the rear with our two sick babies. Sofia had a fever the night before and appeared as if it might be coming back. Katy has had a terrible cough and it gets worse when she is winded. She kept saying "I can't ! My legs are breaking!" I switched between having her on my shoulders, to my back to my hip and occasionally on her own two feet. Leslie did the same with hers. It makes for a MUCH harder hike like that. We did all make it to the top and by the time we made it up, the big kids were ready to head back down. I definitely sweated more than I had planned. Thanks Katy.


Annika, Kaisa, Sofia, Leslie, and Britt



After hiking, we went home, cleaned up and headed out to hit some deals at the mall. It was a pretty productive day. The kids all have play practice tonight and I'm supposed to go running with a friend. We'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I used those exact three pictures on my blog, and I swear I didn't read yours first. Sorry they're so blurry!

Jake and Jenny said...

Way to go! We have hiked that trail a few times as a family and it is a fun family time. Sorry about your "40 pound backpack" Katy! Cute pictures!