Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh the Shopping

That's what I have been doing for the past few days. Right now all the staples of cooking are on sale for next to nothing and even sometimes free! It's hard not to take advantage of all the specials and stock up. My kids are rotten in the store so I've been going while my other kids are at play practice and Nick stays home with the two little ones. I'm sure I have gone way over my food budget for the week, but my pantry has never been fuller! (is that a word?) I'm debating on even going one more time. Now, it's not just the staples on sale, I think I have somewhere around 30 cookie dough/brownie mixes that I got for less than a dollar each. Some as low as 50 cents. I may have to add on to the pantry!

All this shopping has been very distracting from my running. I have only run twice this week and once would barely be considered running. For about 3 nights, I only got about 4 hours of sleep each night, brutal. I'm not nice on no sleep. The third night while I was laying awake at 4 am, I thought about just having my good cry right then and there, but decided then I would have a headache as well, so I decided against it. Yesterday I spent the morning at my mom's and then tried to nap with Bo, but couldn't shut my brain off. When I got back from shopping at night, Bo had a fever and an ear ache. I gave him some Tylenol, put away groceries, took some NYQUIL and headed to bed. Time : about 8:15. Probably not a good night to knock myself out with Bo being sick, but I was just SO tired! Kids came home from play practice, took the babies from my bed and I slept until this morning. Bo only woke up once and Chelsey was still awake, so she took him into her bed for the night. What a doll. I felt soooo much better today.

Today was Julia's birthday, so we went to lunch. She's 30!! Finally not a little twenty something. It was a fun lunch out and much needed. I came home and made cookies, not good, but oh so good! It's ok, it's only once a month I excuse myself to eat enough cookies to make myself puke. Kids have their last play practice today before performances start tomorrow. I plan on staying home, watching a sappy movie and putting laundry away. (it's become a mountain) Unless of course...anything else comes up!

I'm still trying to figure out when to go see New Moon. I can't go any of the times my friends are going, so I was considering getting Whitley out of school tomorrow and going in the afternoon. I'm a little bit "not" wanting to see it because then all the excitement and anticipation will be over. Double edge sword. Kind of like Christmas! We'll see how the week end plays out. My mom is leaving me for a week. I'm always happy for her to get to see family, but hate that she leaves me. I know, grow up already. One week from today, I'll be pouring over the sales adds and planning my route for the Black Friday shopping!!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Laurie I'm thinking I need a buddy to do black friday shopping with. Do you need an extra?