Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Let the Holidays Begin!

This week is jam packed with school events and programs. Monday I did some shopping and then went to the kids last performance of Willy Wonka. Did I mention how great they did?? Tuesday I had so much going on, but still needed to run one more time before the Turkey Trot on Thursday. Bo's preschool program and feast was in the morning. He was amazing. Six little kids and he sang and smiled through the whole thing. No shyness here! He truly had a great time and loved what he was doing. Then we went to Costco for some last minute things. I can't go into detail, but I picked up something for my kids for Christmas and I was trying to keep the little ones from seeing it. The employees were very helpful in going through a few hoops to get me out of there with nothing being discovered. I was super impressed, and to top it all off, I guess there was a coupon I wasn't aware of so it was $50 less than I planned! Spent the rest of the day working on a gift for my mom. I sure hope she likes it!!


Got home just in time to get kids to scouts. I still needed to run, so after I dropped them off, I went for 3 miles. I ran almost all of it and finished in about 32 minutes. Nice! Now I only had one hour till we all needed to be at the auditorium for the kids school performance. I got there just in time, but had to sit in the back. Not too bad except I forgot super zoomy (my big zoom lens). Hence, the blurry pictures. The school always puts on a great concert, creative songs and very organized. Glade got there just in time to not miss any of our kids. After, we went for ice cream and headed home. I was exhausted! I really wanted to watch the Biggest Loser, but just didn't have it in me to stay awake. All in all, a very productive and nice day!


The other day I told Katy we were going to put piggy tails in her hair. She had a fit. She fought and cried and pulled them out. I was determined to win, so I kept pulling her back and putting them back in. She finally left them in, but threw such a fit I thought it was picture worthy. Me taking her picture just made her more mad. She jumped in my bed and got under the covers. Eventually all the picture taking made her smile and laugh, but the minute I stopped, she remembered why she was crying and started all over again. But....I won and she kept them in until nap time. I'm afraid for her to be 15.


Dalin, Brooklyn and Rhett - Christmas performance 2009



You can hardly see Rhett, but he is on the second row, 8th one over.



Brookyn right in the middle


Dalin waiting his turn to get on the risers


Dalin's grade stayed out in the lobby and sang carols while people arrived.


Bo on the right




Love that smile, Bo!








This is after the fight.


Checking to see if I'm still there.


I dont' want piggy tails!




Katy Jo

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I use the "I hope we get over this before she's 15" line all the time. Now I have a 15 year old and I LOVE her! Thank goodness. :)