Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Do Over

I do not want a do over of yesterday. The day was terrible for starters. My kids have become so nasty and mean to one another that I finally lost it. We left for school over 10 min early, so when in the car, someone asked "why are we leaving so early?" I told them it was because I wanted them out of my house cuz I couldn't take it anymore. They were a little stunned by my answer and the rest of the ride was in silence. I stewed all day over what I was going to do to make it better and let me tell you, some of my thoughts were not that nice. One thing I was sure of, this would be the topic of FHE.

The babies and I ran to Wal Mart to get a bin to assemble the cooking basket in and then to meet my mom for lunch. That went well and the kids were good so now the day isn't that bad. Went home for naps and laundry, picked up kids from school and instructed them that there was to be NO computer time. This was part of my new plan. I told them I would explain later. They all knew already. Whitley had an ortho appointment early so we left for that and Chelsey went to pick up the rest of the kids. I hate afternoon appointments because they are always so behind. I was there for over an hour waiting and then she finally came out. This was her last appointment before getting them off so I was supposed to consult with the Dr. to approve everything. When I saw the tears running down her cheeks I knew it couldn't be good. One more month. They over-corrected her this month and now it won't be until January till she gets them off. Dang girl has made me cry right there in the office way too many times. I'm sure the receptionist thinks we're a little coo-coo. They did give her 2 movie tickets to try to make her feel better. I'm sure that didn't even make a dent in her mood.

Got home kind of late and got dinner going. Started FHE right away and by then all the kids had figured out what was going on and had been on their best behavior. We spent the evening talking about how detrimental it is to tear apart your family with harsh words and criticism and how when our family is weakened, the door for Satan is left wide open. I think it was a good night and hopefully things will get better. We are starting "do-over"s for when they talk nasty to each other. I will say "do-over" and they will have to repeat the conversation in a more appropriate way. We had brownies and the rest of the night was pleasant.

This morning the kids were really nice to each other and one even asked me how they were doing. I told them it was good and she said "as long as you don't cry again!" Ok, so I got a little emotional last night, whatever works..right? I'm sure they are really just thinking computer time, but they are definitely not getting it back after one day! Wish me luck on this one....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom!!!! Dacia

Tammy said...

Poor Whitley. That must be so frustrating! I like your "do over" idea. I may have to adopt that one for my boys.