Sunday, September 1, 2013

Random Catching Up

So I have no idea if I have already posted a bunch of this stuff, but I'm going to do one totally scattered and random post about a bunch of little things I may have missed.  Try to stay focused.



I was sitting in my room lecturing Stephen about one of his friends dumb choices when Brooklyn comes to my room and tells me I HAVE to come to the door.  It was Elder Garling!!  He was a missionary here about a year ago and we just absolutely loved him.  He was in town and decided to come back and visit.  It was so great seeing him.  I've said it before, but having them in our home has been such a blessing.



Stephen's senior picture.  Well, the one that will be in the year book anyway.  We will take real ones once the weather cools down.  Doesn't he just have the best smile?!



Glade and I had a little dessert date with this little cutie and her mom last night.  We just hung out at Chick Fil A, ate shakes and cooed over her.  Love it!



This is Whitley with Miss Molly.  Molly is the director of the theater and has been so great to our family.  Whitley has spent the last year going from intern to employee at the theater, working with Molly.  Now that she's all grown up and getting married, she's had to find a job closer to where she is living.  So ends a wonderful chapter of Whitley at the theater.  Bittersweet moments of growing up.


 These are some of my wolves.  I'm the Wolf leader in Cub Scouts.  If any of you know me, I'm not a huge fan of the scouting program, but I sure love these boys.  It's even better now because I have Bo in my den.  I don't love all the scout rhetoric, but I really enjoy spending time with these 8 year olds.



 This is just a random shot of Katy and I at the movies one day last spring.  She was still doing half days so we took an afternoon and just went to the movies by ourselves.  I do miss spending time alone with her.  She was my best buddy all last year!



So you probably can't tell where Rhett is in these pics, but I can. :)  He is loving the social dance program at his school.  He does really well, too.  He's gone from melt down at having to touch a girls hand during a church performance to dipping and spinning and being quite the Fred Estair.  I just love watching him perform.


This was just a shot so Stephen and I could see for ourselves how much taller he is than I am at this point.  He is just under 6 foot.  It's weird in a cool sort of way to have him so much taller than I.



Whitley turned 19!!  We didn't do much for her birthday, but we did get a cake and sing to her.


 Katy and Bo have taken up jump roping at school.  Bo has an awesome ring of scabs around his neck where he got clothes lines the other day to prove it.  It's cute to hear Katy sing all the same songs we used to sing while jump roping.  Some things are just timeless.



 Katy, Kylie and Colt.  Brooklyn is a great babysitter.  She's always up for some huge mess making event.  Today was marshmallow filled cookies.  Though there's always a mess, she's great with the little ones.






First day of school 2013.  I only have Katy, Bo and  Dalin because Stephen goes to school at 6:05 in the morning and I'm too lazy to get up and take a pic of him.  The other kids all leave for XC at 5:25 am and are in work out clothes so no pics of them either.  I should get one of Nick, he looks so handsome in his uniform.. no really!






Rewind to Katy graduating from Kindergarten.  Of course she made honor roll every quarter and got a certificate of advancement.  She's such a little smartie.  Her teacher was Mrs. Mormann and we both just adored her!




Rhett lettered in track his freshman year.  Seems like he must have in XC as well but I don't remember that.  Anyway, he finished the season strong and we are excited about his future there.



 Brooklyn and Dalin both got certificates for participation.  Next year Brooklyn will get to compete on the HS level.  Can't wait to see how she does in her throwing.  She just sparkles when she's competing.


 Just a silly one of Dalin.  Always with a plate of goodies!




Brooklyn graduated from Jr High and is not officially a HS student.  That gives me 4 in HS next year.  And at 3 different schools.  She is so tall, taller than me and really figuring out who she is.

No comments: