Sunday, September 22, 2013

Another ReCap

My intentions are good, but I just never quite make it to staying caught up during the week.  This week was no different.  I can't even give a summary in chronological order so here goes the chaos:

 - Helped at the kids school to do Health evaluations.  I got the easy job of weighing and measuring height.  I could have been stuck doing eye charts, but that was crazy.  The little ones all pretty much tested as blind, lol.  It was fun to be there though and I got to see Katy's cute little boy in her class.  He is SO cute!

-fought with Rhett's teacher about online homework. That's another ranting and raving post I could do!  But in the end it turns out Rhett wasn't missing a single assignment, but the teacher's electronic system wasn't recording properly.  Not even an apology from that guy.  It did entice me to write to all the administrations of my kids school though.  I let them all know how I felt about online homework and why I disagreed with it.  I only got one response and it was from the principal that when I heard he was the new principal I almost cried right there on the spot.  Can not stand this guy, but decided to forgive and move on.  Now I remember why I didn't like him.

-Allergies.  Spent the entire day Wednesday sneezing.  By the afternoon, I was so miserable and loopy from the Benadryl that I could barely function.  I was in bed by 7:30.  The next morning I looked really bad with my swollen eyes, but that afternoon when I picked the kids up from school, Katy gasped and told me I looked much better!  You look perfect, she says.  Love that girl.

-Choir concert.  We all know how much I hate those, but I was going to go because I love the choir kid.  He told me he was singing in the first two groups and then the very last.  I thought it would be sufficient to stay for the first two then head home.  After all, it didn't start till 7:30 and that's pretty late for a Mom who has children at home to tuck in. So I showed up at 7:25..... just enough time to hear him sing the last song of his second group.  Apparently it started at 7.  Dang!  Now I had to stay to the end.  It's all good though because when Stephen came off the stage, he came and stood by in the entry way and talked to me for several minutes.  Then, right  in front of the whole choir, kissed me on the cheek and went back to his seat.  I guess I can stay....

-My friend Veronica has offered her professional skills at party planning/catering to help out with the wedding.  So excited!!  She already has had some really great ideas and I'm excited to let her run with it.

-Whitley has been SO sick.  Hopefully she will get it out of her system soon.  It's really not very productive to try to make last minute wedding preparations with a coughing, fevered bride.  She goes through the temple next Friday, can't wait!

No comments: