Sunday, September 8, 2013

Student of the Month


Katy was chosen for student of the month.  This is awesome on so many levels, but mostly because she was chosen first last year and then again this year at a totally different school.  She just loves school and has made lots of new friends.  When she gave me her progress report, she sadly told me she wasn't that good in math.  She had 100% in all areas except for math.  That was  95%.  Poor thing, how will she ever get through with grades like that!?  I may have already told this story, but one day she came home with wet pants and told me her teacher didn't let her go fast enough.  I asked why she didn't go during recess and she said she wanted to, but there wasn't enough time.  She said she couldn't run because "that's a rule, ya know!".  She takes rules very seriously.  I love that about her, but also worry that she will stress too much as she gets older.  I miss snuggling with her every day at nap time.  Luckily for me she is usually very willing to take a nap on Saturday or  Sunday so we still get a little time together. ♥

No comments: