Tuesday, September 10, 2013

STOP!

That's how I feel about time right now.  Just give me a sec to catch up and take a breath.  Apparently stopping time has not been figured out yet.  Bummer for me.  Life is going at warp speed for me right now.  Trying to get Whitley married off (planning a wedding), choreographing Grease (so fun!) and keeping all my kids in the right places at the right times.  My days are spent trying to get a run in, keep up on paperwork and try to not have laundry everywhere.  That pretty much takes up all my time.  Add in groceries, errands and trying to do anything fun OR get a nap in and I'm just spinning.  Oh what I wouldn't give for a magic wand to just make my house clean and organized all in one swoop and let me start over from scratch.  So many cupboards and shelves and closets that need help, but if I take the time to do that, my house ends up a mess and I spend the next two days trying to catch up on that!  I think I just need to throw everything away.  That sounds awesome right about now!  I'm not actually complaining, just stating the facts.

Seems like Sunday I was going to do a great blog post about something, but never got to it.  Now I can't remember.  That's why its so hard to play catch up.  I had Bunko last week and again with my other group tonight.  Grease is going well, I'm actually not very stressed about that at all.  Glade was home for dinner last night, which NEVER happens.  He's been trying really hard to be present more.  Stephen asked a girl to homecoming and she said yes.  Rhett is dying to be 16 so he can get in on this dating thing.  Nick fell three times on his crutches at school yesterday due to all the rain.  Whitley is working at a daycare ( I did that) and is so far liking it.  We got our first batch of invites mailed out and her shower mostly planned.  I know there are tons of little things for her reception I haven't thought of that will hit me all at once.  Less than a month!  It rained like insanely crazy yesterday and I LOVED it!  Flooded our street and all sorts of places around the valley.  This morning was only 72*.  That won't last, but I took advantage and swept the porch and the garage.  If only my energy and availability could get on the same page!

So life at home on my own hasn't exactly gotten into a routine yet.  Still feel pulled in many directions.  Thinking that after the wedding maybe it will seem more slow paced.... (shh, that gives me another month of hope)

No comments: