Wednesday, August 28, 2013

and Dancing

So dancing goes along with music.  And we like to do it around our house.  As I've been trying to choreograph for Grease, I've made asked my kids to learn stuff and let me see how it looks before I teach it to everyone.  Mostly they've been pretty gracious about the whole thing.  Last night I wanted to see what kind of moves we could do as partners.  Well, Whitley, who is my dancer, wasn't available.  So I had to go with the next best thing available... Stephen and Rhett.  Mind you, Stephen has very little lifting experience and though Rhett takes social dance at school, he's not used to being the girl.  To sum up this awesome experience let me just say....we laughed.  Till we cried.  We almost fell. We did fall.  We laughed... again till we cried.  We did things that were probably best not seen by those not of our gene pool.  Then we laughed some more.  In the end we came out with 4 whole 8 counts figured out and not a single lift was involved.  We'll have to wait for Whitley on that one.  Oh yah, and Nick was sitting back secretly videoing all our hilariousness.  That will go in to the vault.




Apparently Rhett had not had enough dancing so he went out and pulled up a song they dance to at school as their warm up.  It was very high energy.  Brooklyn does the same thing in her class so she joined in and then Bo couldn't keep his dancing feet still so he got up and tried to dance along.  Katy would have, but she was naked and wrapped in a towel.  It was fun to see them together and enjoying music and dance as much as I do.  And btw... we wear shirts at our house, this is a rarity.  




No comments: