Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Steel Guitar

I love music. All types of music. Well, Ok...I hate gangsta rap and seriously heavy metal and choir music, but other than that I pretty much like everything. It all serves a purpose. Some makes me want to dance, others run...some makes me want to sing and some sit outside and feel the breeze on my face. Today the steel guitar is my love. You know when you are just going about your business in total normalcy and then a song comes on and it stops you in your tracks? The familiar and homey sound of that old style country steel guitar just sent a big sigh of "awww" right to my heart. That's the sound of love, of slow dancing and gazing into the eyes of the one you love. It just feels...romantic...in a completely pure and classic sort of way. Some may say I'm a little too in touch with my emotions or even a little sappy, but I'm glad that's part of who I am. It's that part that gives me warm and fuzzy "five minutes" every so often. And those "five minutes" make all the others just a bit more enjoyable.

No comments: