Thursday, May 26, 2011

Almost like Christmas

Our cruise is coming up and I'm so excited!!  However, it feels a little like Christmas.  So much excitement and preparation, but then...it's going to be over.  I love having something to look forward to, to plan for.  Actually, a week after we get back from our cruise, we are taking the kids to California to camp on the beach.  And during the week between, we have scout camp, girls camp and a backpacking trip.  Then it will be Annie performances, Fourth of July camping trip and then only a couple of weeks till school starts.  Sure makes it seem like the summer should fly by, doesn't it?  I have to say I'm starting to get nervous about summer.  My kids vary way too much in age range to make this easy.  What do teenage boys do during the summer?  Mine have turned into couch potatoes.  I wouldn't even mind too much if the things they watched were anywhere near appropriate for the little children.  Clarification on that, they like to watch history shows about war and Myth Busters and knife throwing competitions....not inappropriate, but not good for little ones.

It's too hot to spend much time outside and even when we go to the pool, they are happy for a short amount of time before they get bored and want to come home.  I'm thinking...JOBS.  If only it were that easy.  Stephen is still too young to actually be hired and even if Nick gets a job, I have to take him back and forth.  Definitely going to have to be thinking on that one. 

On a brighter note, I get to go to Bunko for the first time in months!  Exercise class is still going well and did I mention.... I'm going on a cruise!!!

2 comments:

Dacia said...

I need a nap just reading this! Maybe the kids need to start an exercise group - they wouldn't be bored!

Tammy said...

Sounds busy, but full of a whole lot of fun activities. If you need to send the kids out for a while, send them down here...we got the zip line fixed and there is a little pool where they can cool off in between turns. Have a great time on your cruise!