Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!! Some years I'm all about the sentiment and the hoopla of the holidays, other years...I'm just not. This was one of those years. With all that has been going on with the passing of Joy and her funeral this weekend and the kids having prom, I've just had no time to actually think too much about it. We have been gone all weekend and at this point, spending the day in my jammies was really the only thing that sounded good to me. So, I know it's selfish, but that was my request. No big family dinner, no special plans, just me, my family, a big pot of mac and cheese and a chocolate cake. Perfect!!

The morning started with sleeping in till 9, then having french toast and sausage made by my sweet hubby. There was a big vase of roses at the table with all the cute cards and coupons from my kids just waiting for me. Simple and sweet. We went to church, where I had to leave early to take Chelsey to get picked up to go back to Flagstaff. It's still hard for me to let her be a big kid, but that's a whole nother post. After church, Glade made the mac and cheese and then we are just chilling the rest of the day. As for the chocolate cake. That was the first thing to enter my body today. And the third and the fifth....I think you get the idea!



Katy did this for me on Friday. She said she always knew exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day. Yes, Katy, one more reminder is exactly what I wanted! I love her.


I have several great women in my life that have loved me and been such great support as I've raised my family. I was not the doting daughter I should have been this day, but please know that I love you and appreciate you all SO much! I know how blessed I am. With all the sincerity of my heart, I wish you a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: