Monday, May 23, 2011

Dynomite

♪I throw my hands up in the air sometimes...♫ That's a great song, but today I mean it in a completely different way. Sometimes it just feels like you are banging your head against a wall when trying to teach and raise your kids. I know that more seeps in than they let on, but you have to wonder.... I don't believe anything is beyond "hope", but there are definitely times I feel like I want to just throw my hands up and say "I give up." "I'm exhausted." My brain and my heart cannot take anymore. I sincerely apologize to my parents for being such a pain in the butt as a teenager and thinking that I knew more than they did. I now see how insanely STUPID that is. I'm sure once the dust settles, I'll be able to pull up my boot straps and continue on, but for today...

3 comments:

Tina Green said...

Don't give up! Look what an awesome person you turned out to be. :>)

Dacia said...

Laurie, you will march on! Your wonderful Mom never gave up on you!

Leslie said...

"I throw my homework in the air sometimes..." that's how we sing it at our house. ;)

I know you won't give up because you're not a quitter...no matter what you think. Besides, the Big Guy wants you to succeed, and with support like that in your corner, how can you lose?