Monday, May 2, 2011

the Brady Bunch came to dinner


Last night we had a nice Sunday dinner with just our family. Pork chops were on sale so we treated ourselves. I made potatoes, corn casserole, rolls, gravy...it was divine. Later, after dinner, Bo came to ask me if there were any POOK chops left. Now, first of all..Bo is a serious carnivore. He loves meat. I mean LOVES meat! So him asking for more is always amusing anyway, but for POOK chops? I told him no and explained they were pork chops. He was bummed but went away and we didn't hear from him again. Later that night, while trying to sleep, I was thinking about the pook chops. Then it occurred to me...I know why he said that! Every time he would ask me what I was making for dinner, I would say "pork chops and applesauce" in my best Peter Brady imitation. Well to a kid who doesn't get pork chops very often, it would probably sound like "pook" chops. I kinda like it, maybe we'll always have pook chops at our house. Long live the Brady's!

No comments: