Saturday, May 21, 2011

Can she really be FAST and SLOW at the same time?

This was the question little Katy asked about a line in Hairspray awhile back. This describes my week. It felt endless until it was Friday night and then I wondered where the week went! Is that possible??

This was the first week of my exercise group at the church. We met 3x and had at least 6 people there each time. One day eight. I feel like it went pretty well. It's awkward to be responsible for trying to make everyone happy. Turns out the circuit workout was the most liked. That's super easy as well, so that's good. I was really sore after Monday, still hobbling Wednesday, totally fine by Friday and only slightly sore today (Saturday). I'm sure it's like all things, you get out of it what you put into it. I feel like as long as I'm going to be there, I may as well work hard. Hopefully I will start to see a little muscle sometime in the near future. My elbow isn't feeling as well as I'd like but hopefully it won't get any worse. I only ran one time this week but it was pretty good. The weather has been beautiful!

The only real negative about the classes is that it takes up pretty much my whole morning. It's hard to accomplish very much. Thursday I determined to get a lot done and I did. It was great and a little bit of a workout in itself!

Tuesday started with a trip to the ortho with Rhett. It's amazing how fast teeth straighten! Then that night we had our mother/daughter fashion show at the church. Due to some scheduling conflicts we had to have it outside. It was really windy and a bit chilly. I was asked to emcee the event. It was a little challenging with no sound system, but I think it was Ok. The girls all had a good time. I didn't take a single picture.

Thursday we had Annie practice so I had to miss Whitley and Stephen's choir concert. I was really bummed. Glade was able to go so that's at least some consolation.

Friday after class, mom and I went for our Mother's Day outing. That weekend was a little busy so we did it today. We went for lunch at Costa Vida then had yogurt and Yogurt Jungle and then pedicures. I hope I can always be able to just spend the day with Mom and feel so comfortable. I love that we are friends and hope I have that same bond with my girls. Love you Mom!!

That night Glade and I went out, nothing special..but I really like him! Stephen and Rhett went on a leadership camp out. Nick and Whitley went to two different parties while Brooklyn held down the fort. Today was spent at Annie rehearsal. I don't get to dance much in this one, but I guess that's the trade off for being the "loving couple" with Glade during two of the numbers. I'll sacrifice!

So my answer is YES .... it can be SLOW and FAST at the same time!

No comments: