Thursday, May 12, 2011

Another Project

I just can't be without a project!! My running days are coming to end (for now), it's just too dang hot. However, as a little side note, I ran this morning and it sucked. I was hot and had to walk 3x during my 3.5 mile run. Then when I got home and plugged in my trusty iPod, it said that my first mile was 9:26 and my second was 9:36. No wonder I was tired! I've been running closer to 10's lately so that's faster than normal. Made me feel better about the whole thing. Ü But back to my new project.

Because I want to keep "moving", but can't run like I have been, I've decided to start an exercise group at the church a few mornings a week. I have enjoyed doing videos and weights and circuit training, but I know as my house fills up with kids over the summer, I won't be very likely to stick to it. My idea was that if I had people waiting on me, I would go and get it done. I'm mostly nervous because I have absolutely no training whatsoever. All I can do is lead them in the stuff I've seen other people do. For me the goal is to keep moving. As long as your heart rate is up you're doing something positive. I just don't want anyone to come with high expectations and leave disappointed. I have no idea how many will show up or stick to it, but at least it's a period of time for me to stick to it until no one else is! My intent at this point is to spend the summer getting stronger and keeping my endurance up but run every chance I get when I'm out of this heat. (vacations etc.) Hopefully then I won't gain the same 6 lbs I did last summer!

1 comment:

Dacia said...

Sounds like a blast - wish I lived closer. You will do a fantastic job. Exercise is so much more fun (is that possible?) with a group of friends.