Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hairspray - Opening Night


It has begun! Opening night of Hairspray was Friday night. The whole day was yucky before it, but the night went really well. My wig is awful! (and itchy), but I guess it goes with the character and time period. Officially I'm a wealthy, upper class woman who likes to shop. I tried to get more pictures, but my photographer was kicked out for using flash. (thanks anyway Heather!) Glade has done awesome and all the kids have had so much fun. We have all had our flubs, but that's the nature of the game I guess. We had lots of good friends and family come see us the first night, it was so fun to see everyone afterward.

Saturday we had nothing all day. It was heavenly. I stayed in bed till 11 am. Not sleeping, but I didn't get out till then. I had planned on cleaning and laundry and catching up everything that had gone by the wayside, but I wasn't quite as productive as I would have liked. That night's performance was just as good! More friends came that night as well. It seems weird that we still have 5 more performances. We get a little break until Wednesday, so that will be really nice. It's been super fun to get to participate in all of this. Hopefully I will find a few more pictures before it's all over.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I need to come see it now. You guys looked great.