Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A couple of firsts

Ok, maybe not actual firsts, but close. The most shocking are the words that came from my adorable 5 year old. Let me start by saying his birthday is in a couple of days and he had gotten money from grandma and grandpa Whitley so we went to get him a few little treasures. Well, my boys are back into Beyblades. He bought himself two and has done nothing else since. During quiet time, he wanted to play outside with them but I didn't want him outside while I was laying down. I asked him to come in, to which he hung his head and pouted. I suggested he play the Wii for awhile. He then said "I don't want to play the Wii!" In the last 4 month, those words are so far gone from his vocabulary. Wow!

Secondly, I ran two days in a row!! I use run loosely because I'm pretty slow right now. I went about 7 weeks without running and boyhowdy do you lose it! I've been trying to do some DVD's as well to incorporate strength training and so far my elbow has held out. Today I did sprints on the treadmill. I like sprints, seems more active than just running. Sadly, my sprints were about the same speed as Rhett's distance pace. It definitely feels good to be doing something though. Now if only I can get my eating back on track. Yesterday I had done good all day and then we went to the kids Spring Sing at the school. We got Subway (it's an outdoor picnic event) and I got a very healthy sandwich, but ended up eating the chips instead of the fruit and ended the night with a cream filled donut. Sheesh! Today has been much better, but the day's not over yet. I will be strong!

No comments: